Sunday, October 02, 2005

Keys To Jimbuck2

Spent most of the day rearranging my living room to accommodate my new acquisition. I picked it up at the annual bargain basement sale at Long & McQuade last weekend. It was pretty cheap, and I had been thinking of getting a keyboard for a few years now, so I figured at this price, I had to pull the trigger.

It's quite a cool little keyboard. Obviously it's not a professional-level instrument, but the piano sounds are quite impressive, and of course I can dial up several varieties of electric piano and organ, as well as various kinds of strings, wind instruments, brass, vibes, marimba, percussion, etc. I'm not a keyboard player by any stretch, and I have no illusions of becoming the next Billy Preston, but I can hack out a few chords, so maybe this will help me upgrade my skills to the point where I can carry a song. Plus, with all the other instruments on board, it'll be a great tool for home recording.

"Gimme something in a bouncy C!"

No comments: