Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Outta Sites

You know that song, "I Hear A Symphony"?

No, not that one. The one by Matthew Ryan.

Well, this film is nothing like that.

These and other wonders courtesy of WFMU's Sites For Sore Eyes.

I especially love Arthur Ganson's Kinetic Sculptures--those are simply wonderful, and made me feel all good 'n' stuff--and Joe Vaux's Home Pig--that made me feel all weird 'n' stuff, but still absolutely fascinated.

Y'know, some days the world seems like a big pile of blah, rotating uselessly in the void. But then you stumble across stuff like this, and the sheer scope and variety of the expressions that blossom from the human spirit just leaves you in a state of warm wonder. And you look for this big ol' roller coaster to come round again so you can hop on for another ride, to see what it has to show you this time.

"You are not alone
You are not alone
I swear this burden is not your own
You are not alone"
--Matthew Ryan, "I Hear A Symphony"

No comments: