Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Raising Caine

Been finding myself with less time to blog recently. Between ball hockey on Monday nights and my copy editing course on Wednesday nights, and the fact that I've been dating someone new, I've been spending less time sitting in front of my computer. Sorry about that, dear faithful readers. I know you understand. I will try to be a better blogger.

Hmm, so what's new?

Well, I killed Michael Caine.

Okay, maybe not in the "traditional" sense of killing someone.

I went to see "Adaptation" last Sunday with Sue and her sister Jen. (GREAT film, btw.) The previews included a trailer for what looks like a very interesting movie set in Vietnam in the í50s or early í60s, starring the aforesaid Mr. Caine. I leaned over to Sue and whispered, "this must have been his last film before he died."

Her jaw dropped, and she replied with incredulity, "He died?!! When did he die? I didn't know that!" I nodded solemnly, and turned my mouth down at the corners, giving that yes-it's-sad-but-true look. Then she relayed the message to Jen, who was sitting to her left. Her response was nearly identical. I informed them that he had passed away some time before Christmas.

Well, my little piece of obituary reportage had been nagging at me. I remembered seeing news of some white-haired, hard-living, old-school Brit actor dying late last year, but I was becoming less confident that it had been Michael Caine. So I did a google search, and found this most useful web page: Dead Or Alive?

Ummm, as it turns out...




But, I was close...




Like I said, I knew it was one of those white-haired, hard-living, old-school Brit actors. Sorry Michael.

No comments: