Saturday, November 29, 2003

That Fine Line Between Reality And Satire Runs Straight Through Moncton

Like most liberal-minded people, I'm all in favour of the concept of unions. But this story (from my former stomping grounds), is certainly a case of a principle taken to absurd lengths.

That's why I find this story fascinating. You can easily imagine it as a piece of social satire, stretching an idea into the realm of the absurd to make a point. It would be a textbook example of satirical commentaryóif it weren't ruined by being true-to-life.

I love the quote from the city spokesman. Gotta love understatement.

I would also like to nominate the title of this blog entry as my favourite so far, as well as being the title of my upcoming novel (to be completed sometime this century, I promise).

No comments: