Friday, April 12, 2002

File under "Wooooooo!"

Got a call from Aaron, the Managing Editor at Chart magazine, asking me if I'd be interested in covering Paul McCartney's press conference tomorrow afternoon at the Air Canada Centre.

Um, yeah okay, sure.

Holy Freakin' Fab Four!!!! I'll get to be in the presence of a Beatle! In the same room! Maybe only a few feet away, if I get a good spot!! And hopefully get to ask him a question! Holy shit!!

Wow!!

Hopefully I can think of a question that's not too stupid.

"Uh, so, d'you r'member, like, when you did that song 'Piggies'...?"

Paul: "Well, that was George's song, but yeah..."

"D'oh, *slapping forehead*... I'm so stoopid... *slap, slap*..."

This is soooo exciting!! I've interviewed quite a few rock stars, and I'm usually very calm and matter-of-fact about it ñ I mean, they're just people, after all ñ but this is a frickin' Beatle! And I've been a huge Beatles fan ever since I was about 14 or 15. They shaped my life in a very real way. The way I think about art, creativity, musicianship, the impulse for innovation...

This will be a truly Fab moment.

Stay tuned.





No comments: