Saturday, July 27, 2002

Fun With Company Names

Y'know folks, there are some very amusing company names out there. Last week, I was waiting for the bus after work, and there was a concrete mixer truck stopped at the lights. On the driver's door, below his left-arm tan, was a plain sign that said:

James Dick
Concrete

Oh yes. Dick of concrete.
I hear he's hard on his men.

And of course, we've all seen those Fluke delivery trucks. On the back doors, the logo reads: "If it gets there on time, it's a Fluke!"

One of my favourites, though, is the Schindler elevator company. I was arriving at work one morning, and their maintenance truck was parked by the entrance. I walked by, saw the truck, read the company's name, walked a few steps past the truck, and then stopped dead in my tracks, a lightbulb hovering over my head. Of course! Schindler's Lift!

And I'm not sure whether to believe this one or not:


No comments: