Friday, July 26, 2002

Go West

Well, the July-August installment of my Showcase page is finally up at the CM site. This one turned out to be an all-west affair, with Christine Fellows and The Greg MacPherson Bandóboth from Winnipegóand the Touchtone Gurus from Saskatoon. I think it turned out all right. Only one major typo that I noticed, which is one too many, but considering I always end up finishing the page in the wee hours of the morning, I won't beat myself up too much about it.
[addendum: I've since noticed that the "Who", "What" header fields for the Touchtone Gurus were entered incorrectly ñ a mistake made my the magazine. I've been assured this will be corrected.]

And speaking of great bands from Winnipeg, The Weakerthans are playing at the Rivoli this Sunday night. Kind of a secret gig or something, seeing as it's not been publicized. Too bad I can't go, as Monday is the deadline for my Emm Gryner story. Damn.

No comments: