Tuesday, December 31, 2002

The Bestest

I guess I'd better toss my Year End Best Albums list at ya before 2002 ticks away. Only mine is the "Top 10 Or So" list (screw you Mr. Metric!). These are in no particular order, although the first two are probably my two favourite albums from the past year.

Now, I didn't hear a few of the albums which seem to be appearing on many other people's year-end listsóColdplay, Solomon Burke, Sigur Ros, Warlocks, Warren Zevon, Soundtrack Of Our Livesóso they may well have made mine if I'd have heard them. But, that's the way the CD crumbles...

Top 10 Or So of 2002:

Wilco, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Neko Case, Blacklisted

Bruce Springsteen, The Rising

Norah Jones, Come Away With Me

The White Stripes, White Blood Cells

Steve Earle, Jerusalem

Beck, Sea Change

Paul Westerberg, Stereo/Mono

The Flaming Lips, Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots

Emm Gryner, Asianblue

Sam Roberts, The Inhuman Condition (EP)

Christine Fellows, The Last One Standing


Honourable Mentions:

Nathan Wiley, Bottom Dollar

George Harrison, Brainwashed

Bob Dylan, The Bootleg Series, vol. 5, Live 1975: The Rolling Thunder Review

Rolling Stones, Abkco Reissues

No comments: