Sunday, May 09, 2004

Moving Right Along

The adventure continues in the Land of Relocation. I've got a lot of boxes unpacked, and I've taken all the boxes of CDs, books and DVDs and stacked them into one big pyramid of readable media that I can ignore for the time being while I focus on more important tasks. It also allows me to move larger objects around with less box clutter. Kind of like shepherding cardboard icebergs off to the side so I can manoeuver the "large boats" of furniture into place. If you will.

The desk is now set up in the corner of the living room, which is a much better place for it. Previously I had it sitting against the wall between the livingroom and the diningroom/kitchen area, but it just didn't feel right sitting so close to the kitchen. Where it is now, it's blocking half the heating radiator, but I won't be needing that in the summertime anyway. Its present location also allows the desk's side table to multi-function as a kind of end table for the couch, which sort of meets the desk in the corner. I was worried that it might make the livingroom seem too crowded, but I don't think that'll be a problem. I'm going to move one of my large shelving units to where the desk was, and the other one can probably go in the bedroom, where there's lots of room. I'm not even sure if I'll need both of them, but I suppose there's always something I can use them for. So that will free up space along one wall of the livingroom where I can put my smaller brown bookshelf and set up my guitars and some smaller items.

Still surprised by how much space there is in the livingroom and the bedroom. I'm likin' it.

The diningroom/kitchen table and chairs are set up, although I'm going to look at a table and chairs set tonight in The Beaches that was for sale on the craigslist. Might be a little nicer. I've had this table since university; a castaway of my mother's. The table's actually okay, but the chairs have seen better days.

Almost had a line on an area rug for the livingroom (which I'll need to cover up the phone line and possibly other wires running across the floor) also from craigslist, but the seller (a Kelly Hogan, but not the singer) had already sold it by the time I contacted her.

If anyone has any other strategies for running wires and phone lines and extension cords across a room, feel free to drop me a note.

Shower curtain makes showering much easier.

No comments: