Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Some Assembly Required

Well, I'm all landed at my new place. Still tripping through cardboard canyons and piece-by-piecing together the jigsaw elements of my domestic life. Lovin' it though. It's sooooo nice to have my own place again. Still in a bit of Spartan survival mode--i.e., contents of the fridge: water, milk, pizza, beer, opened cat food tin, margarine, parmesan cheese, champagne.

(The champagne is for later, when everything is set up and functional.)

Spent the first couple of days with no shower curtain, which presents certain challenges. But all the important stuff is up and running--bed, clothes, couch, cable TV, phone, computer. Yesterday I finally found the box with the silverware in it. Makes eating cereal in the morning a whole lot easier, let me tell you.

My goal is to have the kitchen fully functional by the weekend, so I can have a nice relaxing omellette for breakfast. I got a new coffee maker today, programmable and all that, so that'll be nice to wake up to.

More later.

No comments: