Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Blog-Jammed or Ode To Comment Sense

It's come to my attention that in order for folks to leave a comment on my blog, they must be Blogger users and sign in with a username and password. I didn't realize that when I switched from my previous comments provider. I just saw that Blogger comments gave an option in the set-up for "anyone can post", and I assumed that meant... ANYONE!

That's just stupid. Very unlike the spirit of what blogging should be. Blogger has made some nice improvements since being bought by Google, but this is dumb. I'm gonna look into this, and if Blogger won't allow unrestricted commenting, I'll try to switch back to my previous comments supplier.

On that score, if anyone has any comments providers they might recommend (I was using YACCS), drop me a line. Click on my name in the "posted by" line below to send me an email.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, here's some fun and interesting stuff from WFMU's Sites For Sore Eyes. I especially enjoyed the VELVET UNDERGROUND 3D DEATH CHASE. Never managed to make it to the Bar Mitzvah without getting stoned by those roving members of the VU. Hate when that happens.

Linger on...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It let's you post anonymously. But then, if I just go ahead and write my name here, right in this box, well...

deano (posting as anonymously not)

Jimbuck2 said...

An elegantly simple solution, Deano!

But it really should function like other comments, where you can click on the person's website, etc. So I still feel cheated.

I sent an email to Blogger but no response so far.