Thursday, May 30, 2002

That's Better


Much better result at Ball Hockey tonight: we won 5-0... and I scored my first goal! Yay! Not a pretty one. I just zoomed up the middle, passed it back to our defenceman and then went to right side of the net, he took a shot that may have hit someone in front, then went to one of our guys on the other side of the net, his shot was stopped by the goalie, but the rebound dropped right in front of me and I just poked it in the open side. Felt good to finally pot one. It was the 3-0 goal, too, which was, of course, the pivotal goal that broke the other team's spirit. Of course. Ahem.

I almost scored another one later on, pretty much the same play, but I totally flubbed it. Gak!

It was nice to get the shut-out for our goalie too; he played great. We still only had 7 guys show up, but everyone seemed to play really well tonight for some reason. Woo!

Starting to get to know a few of the guys a little bit and they seem like a pretty good bunch of guys for the most part. Most seem in their 30s. They play hard, but don't take it too seriously. I'm sure there'll be some apres game beers at the Court Jester as the summer progresses.

I repeat... woo!

No comments: