Monday, August 26, 2002

Crotchety Sew And Sew

Just waiting for a couple of pairs of pants in the dryer, and then I can go to bed. I had to sew up a hole in one of them, so I'm curious to see if my handiwork will hold up. While on the subway on my way to work last week, I suddenly noticed that I had a rather noticable hole in the crotch of my black Dockers (just below the zipper). However, it was only apparent if I sat with my legs wider than, say, 40 degrees apart, so I made it through the day without, um, revealing too much.

So, tonight, while I watched a Ken Burns-style documentary on the history of passenger trains, I sewed up the crotch tunnel until no light shone through. Let's hope that does the trick, or at the very least, should my stitchwork prove sub-par, let's hope that I don't have any overly lurid thoughts tomorrow. The centre may not hold.

Mental note to self: remember to wear underwear tomorrow.

No comments: