Friday, August 30, 2002

Expecting More

It's late and I should be going to bed, but I have to blog about this before I forget.

Did two things tonight: First, I took my electric guitar in to Long & McQuade to get fixed. I was putting on a new set of slightly heavier strings last night, when the nut broke (that's the part at the end of the neck that saddles the strings before they go to the tuner pegs on the head stock). Thankfully, it's under warrantly for another month, so they'll fix it for free.

Then, I went to C'est What to catch the last installment of Girls With Guitars for a while (they resume in December), hosted by my friend Linda M. It was a nice evening of music with Linda and her guests Elana Harte and Dottie Cormier (Lorraine Segato had been sheduled but had to pull out the day of, due to an illness in the family).

Dottie, about 7 months pregnant, had arguably the best song of the night. It's a new song that she hasn't recorded yet. Being a responsible mom-to-be, she explained how her abstinence from alcohol had given her a certain clarity of mind. She noted that when some people quit booze, they find God. But she also noted the irony that Jesus turned water into wine. So the chorus of the song went like so:

God and liquor
They go hand-in-hand
When you're done dodging one
The other's there to understand


:-j

G'night!

No comments: