Saturday, August 10, 2002

Whirly Gig

"...a man is a fool who will not heed the call"

Due to a last-minute cancelation at CafÈ May, some friends of mine have lept in at the 11th hour to fill the entertainment void, selflessly offering their talents. So Howard and Heather will be playing a set of music, liberally sprinkled no doubt with Heather's own wonderful songs and lovely singing. And the opening 40-minute set will be performed by the lovely and talented Katherine, who has recruited yours truly to back her up on guitar.

We've only ever played together at informal and all-too-infrequent "Musical Friends" jams, where a group of us, usually including Howard and Heather, get together to sing and play, but I'm sure we'll be fine. Her tentative set list (thrown together only this evening) includes some Gillian Welch, a little Lucinda, a gram of Gram and a pinch of Wilco. And she assures me that the handful of songs I don't know, I can pick up easily. So this should be fun.

I was getting a little tired of air guitar anywayóeven with the Philson method. But I was getting pretty good with the moves.

No comments: